Tuesday, February 22, 2011

BIRDING BAYWOOD


Yesterday I thought I would see how many birds I could observe without binoculars. Walked about 2 miles, staying close to the bay. Saw or heard 23 species. Best birds - Caspian Tern and Kingfisher.

Saw a man looking up and stopped to talk to him. He had just seen a Bald Eagle. Dang, missed again.

This afternoon, although it was quite windy, walked to the Audubon Overlook. In front of the overlook were Cinnamon, Blue and Green-winged Teal, a pair of Pintail, and a Marsh Wren in the reeds. The large flocks were off in the distance. Can you find the Blue-winged Teal in the top photo? (click on photo for larger image)

I am experimenting with a new camera, point and shoot, of course. It only weighs a few ounces, and can be carried in a pocket. The zoom, though, is limited to 4X, but for $99, I cannot complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment